Is your internet browser up-to-date?
- In order to enhance your security in internet use and carry out transactions on the Internet Branch smoothly, we recommend that you use the current versions of the Internet browsers such as Microsoft Internet Explorer, Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, Apple Safari, Opera, Yandex and that you update free-of-charge on the official websites of the software firms if you are not using. Click on the relevant links below to download current versions of the browsers.
- Internet Branch server certificates use GlobalSign Extended Validation SSL certificates featuring that allow distinguishing fraudulent sites from secure sites more easily.
- Thanks to the Extended Validation SSL Certificate, you can be informed that the site that you entered in the address field of your browser when logging in the Internet Branch is a reliable site. You should pay attention that you have seen the phrase "PASHA Investment Bank A.S." here.
Points That You Should Pay Attention to For Your Security
- Do not open the documents such as word, excel or any application (exe) files in the messages or emails sent by people you do not know. In case they share a web address with you, we recommend that you check over your browser the permission definitions such as additional active-x, java permissions.
- The level of security decreases in the use of Internet Banking in cases where VPN programs are used or DNS settings in the computer have been changed. We recommend that you do not transact with DNS settings that you do not trust.
- You need 3 different programs to protect your computer. An anti-virus software, a spyware scanner and a security firewall. Whilst some programs provide for all of this content alone, some programs could offer only one. The programs concerned have paid and free versions.
- Please pay attention to the emails coming to you. PASHA Bank never requests your personal information or password by email. In case of such a content in the emails received by you, call 0212 705 89 00 promptly and provide information.
- Do not share your PASHA Online Internet Branch password or single-use SMS password. Do not determine your passwords in a manner that could be guessed easily such as your date of birth, name, last name.
Thanks to the Extended Validation (EV) SSL Certificate, you can be informed that the site that you entered in the address field of your browser when logging in the Internet Branch is a reliable site. You should pay attention that you have seen the phrase "PASHA Investment Bank A.S." here.
Following your PASHA Online username and password that are known to you only, you are required to enter the password sent to the mobile phone number registered in your name. It is assured with this password that the Internet Branch is entered through a device that you own.
Please do not share your SMS validation password with anyone. If you receive an SMS validation password for purposes other than the entry into the Internet Branch, do not share this password with anyone and call 0212 705 89 00 promptly and provide information.
The security picture that you selected before will be displayed on PASHA Online after your PASHA Online username and password.
You can realize with this picture that you have logged in the Internet Branch and Mobile Branch over Pasha Bank’s secure address and transacted over Pasha Bank.
You can enhance your security against applications containing keyloggers by using the virtual input keyboard while entering your username and password in the Internet Branch and log in.
- PASHA Bank certainly does not demand by email your personal information or passwords. If the email you received directs you to a site so that you may enter your personal information or password, promptly provide information by calling +90 212 705 89 00.
- You must use the latest version of your browser for internet access.
- When you wanted to log in our website or Internet Branch, re-write the page address on your browser.
- Check if there is a lock in the lower bar of your browser while you are on the log in page of the Internet Branch.
- Do not use any address other than the address www.pashabank.com.tr to access our website.
- Do not install in your computer programs with no licenses or identifiable sources.
- You should install Anti-Virus programs and Anti-Spyware software in your computers with internet connection and update such programs and software regularly.
- Pay attention to not using the Internet Branch in locations such as Internet Cafe where internet and computers are used commonly.
- Use the "Secure Log Out" button absolutely after you terminated your transactions on Pasha Online.
- Licensed operating systems must be used and Windows security patches be applied regularly. “Patches” published by software firms to eliminate the vulnerabilities must be applied without delay. For Windows, the address windowsupdate.microsoft.com must be used.
- Unreliable programs (free games over the internet, file-sharing programs, etc.) should not be used in the computers through which internet branch is accessed.
- File transfer should not be made from persons that are not known for sure in Instant Messaging – IM applications (MSN, etc.).
- Messages coming from people that you do not know should be deleted without opening them. Unreliable files attached to the emails should not be opened even if they come from people that you know.
- “Desktop Firewall” (personal security firewall) or “windows firewall” applications must be used in the computers through which internet branch is accessed. The ports and services that are not used in such applications must be disabled.
- If an ADSL modem is used to access the internet, the default passwords of such modems should be replaced during the installation. In modems providing wireless network support, access to the wireless network should be encrypted. Such modems should be kept turned off when they are not in use.
- To prevent malware from damaging your system, computers should be accessed by users authorized with restricted rights. They should not be operated with Administrator rights.
- The virtual keyboard should be preferred when entering the password in logging in the Internet Branch.
- Passwords you use should not be simple and predictable (birthday, date of birth, etc.).
- Do not click on the messages that come in an email notifying in its content that money has been won, proposing methods for making easy money, requesting to update your personal information.
- Check your latest account movements when you have accessed to PASHA Online, provide information in unusual cases by calling +90 212 705 89 00.
- Do not keep your written password in your wallet or save it in your mobile ohone.
- When your mobile ohone was lost, urgently provide our bank with information by calling +90 212 705 89 00.,
- Do not download applications and/or games into your mobile phone and tablet from channels other than official stores. Disable the authorizations in your mobil device that allow applications to be downloaded from unreliable or unknown sources.
Phishing Attacks are fake emails that appear as if they have been sent by various banks and financial institutions, portraying to include urgent and very important subjects.
Card information, card passwords, Internet Branch password, and your personal information may be requested from you, to be used against you later on, through the links provided in such fake emails that have been sent. You should be careful about this type of emails not coming from Pasha Investment Bank, absolutely not respond to it, and enter the information requested from you.
As it is known, any person can send emails over the internet to email addresses of his and her choice. Emails may be sent simultaneously to millions of people randomly for fraud, smear campaigns or aggressive marketing methods that we call spamming. It is not within the competence or capabilities of any institution to identify and prevent such emails before they are sent.
If you too come across emails that you suspect, please provide our bank with information as soon as possible by calling +90 212 705 89 00.
The security announcements published by the Banks Association of Turkey are listed below.
- Important Warnings For Your Security In ATM, Internet, and Telephone Banking Transactions
- Frequently Asked Questions Relating To Single-Use Passwords
- Public Announcement of September 29, 2010 Regarding Fraudulent Email Messages Sent To Bank Customers
- Public Announcement of December 16, 2009 Regarding Application Of Single-Use Passwords In Accessing Internet Banking
- Public Announcement of November 5, 2007 Regarding Fraudulent Attempts Aiming At Getting Personal Information Of Users of Internet Banking
- Public Announcement of February 10, 2006 Regarding Viruses Aiming At Getting Personal Information of Internet Banking Users
- Public Announcement of December 12, 2005 Regarding Utilization of Bank Customers As Intermediaries In Transferring Abroad Money Obtained Through Internet Fraud